- VSHN is the leading Swiss partner for DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and 24/7 Cloud Operations.
- We are the first Swiss Kubernetes Certified Service Provider (KCSP), have been named Rising Star Switzerland 2019 by ISG Provider Lens and are listed by Computerworld in the top 10 fastest growing ICT companies in Switzerland.
- For over 350 different partners, we support >1,000 servers in the cloud and at customers on-premises with a total of >75,000 monitored services.
- We are currently 32 employees (“VSHNeers”) at Neugasse 10, Zurich HB.
- We support the Open Source Community e.g. by sponsoring the KubeCon / CloudNativeCon 2019 in Barcelona, are CNCF member and organize the CNC-Meetups in Zurich.
How do we work?
- We live open communication, both internally and externally with our partners and customers.
- We build on Sociocracy 3.0. and organize ourselves in teams, delegate circles and interest groups, that are accountable for a specific, well defined domain at VSHN.
- Speed of Change: We can quickly change the way we work as we use Consent Decision Making. This enables us to make decisions transparently and quickly. For example, 2 weeks after “submitting the idea” we decided to reduce our weekly working time from 42.5 hours to 40 hours.
- Weekly meetings so that everyone can see and update themselves (even if only by video) and daily standups depending on the team.
- We use Jira & Confluence, Rocket Chat, Threema etc.
- Time-Tracking: Every VSHNeer tracks his working time and can compensate overtime with an annual working time model.
- Pensum: Most VSHNeers work between 60% and 100%.
How do we tick?
- Innovation: We want to be at the forefront of technological development and solve challenging problems.
- Transparency: We don’t just talk about flat hierarchies, we live them – you can take part in management meetings, every VSHNeer can have a say in the future of VSHN on our yearly Strategy Day and we live an open wage system.
- Community: We do a lot together, but always on a voluntary basis (aperitifs, excursions, LANs, VSHN weekends, etc.).
- Lunch: It has just about every take away, supermarket and restaurant in the area and we try to have lunch together (in summer on our roof terrace with a view over Zurich :).
- Engage: Every VSHNeer can contribute to any topic – for example, if you have ideas for office redesign, join our office management interest group.
- Equal rights: We are only interested in your skills and your personality – we do not choose according to gender, age, origin, looks, orientation. Take a look at your future colleagues.
- Flexibility: early riser or night owl? We have VSHNeers of both types and offer flexible working hours.
- Homeoffice: We are a fully distributed team – we are interested in how work is done and not when and where. Many VSHNeers come to the office for socializing and brainstorming.
- Infrastructure/Hardware: Every VSHNeer receives a recurring budget for new devices and gadgets. You use what you like and after three years you can keep your device. You can also buy at company conditions from our suppliers.
- Compensation: 5 weeks vacation, 4 weeks paternity leave, 1 week for education/training, 1 week for a private project, days for moving, etc.
- Participate: If things go well, every VSHNeer should of course benefit. We have a phantom stock program, so everyone can participate in the success of the company.
- Learning: Every VSHNeer receives a training budget (time & money) and we specifically promote further training measures and certifications (e.g. CKA) and if you would like to participate in conferences like KubeCon, that is of course also possible!
- Everyone gets a yearly SBB Halbtax (half-fare travelcard)
- Food and drinks: For your physical well-being we have fruits, snacks, chocolate, Club Mate, Coke etc. and of course the delicious coffee from our espresso machine (every new VSHNeer receives an introduction to the high art of coffee making at the beginning :).
- Relaxation: Monthly massages by www.bodyalarm.ch directly in the VSHN office (VSHN takes over 70% of the costs)
- Sports: There are sports facilities nearby (e.g. Activ Fitness or Badi Letten in summer) and we participate at biketowork.ch
Have a look on our open positions.
Sounds good? Please contact us and drop by for a coffee: