What is DevOps?
Software development and IT operations are often in a dilemma because they pursue different goals and work in opposite directions. DevOps, the combination of software developers (Dev) and operations (Ops), solves this problem by improving the entire software development process.
DevOps should enable a more effective and efficient collaboration through common incentives, processes and tools. However, DevOps cannot simply be purchased, but must be lived by the whole team and the whole company.
VSHN helps you to improve the quality of your software through DevOps and at the same time increase the speed of development and delivery and strengthen the cooperation of the teams involved.
What are the advantages of DevOps?
Some strong points for the DevOps philosophy:
- Simplify, accelerate and improve Cloud Development
- Automate software deployment to deliver continuous value to customers
- Increase reliability, flexibility and repeatability
- Containers simplify the hosting of applications in portable environments
- Cost savings through automation
- DevOps brings people, processes and technologies together
- DevOps improves collaboration and increases motivation
- DevOps enables collaboration between all parts of the IT organization and “continuous delivery” of software.
- Cloud, Container & DevOps make your business agile and future-proof
Further advantages of DevOps in practice
If you want to learn more about the advantages of DevOps in practice, have a look at our article The advantages of DevOps in practice.
How can VSHN support you?
Whether you are a development agency, product owner, CTO or CEO. Whether you run a large website, a SaaS offering, e-commerce, online shop or a customer portal. We support you in solving the problems that arise when a software has to be turned into an online service:
- VSHN supports developers in making their software testable, deployable, scalable and operable on any infrastructure as automated as possible.
- Our aim is to run applications in such a way that not only the users are satisfied with the stability and 24/7 availability, but also the developers with agility and control.
- We take care of the generic processes such as packaging, deployments and rollbacks, scaling, service discovery and load balancing, configuration and key management, so that developers can concentrate even more efficiently on their (new) features.
- We help our customers translate their agile requirements for availability, scalability and cost into technical requirements.
- We relieve and support IT operations organizations in new technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud and other topics.
- VSHN is the first Swiss Kubernetes Certified Service Provider (KCSP).
- We work in partnership with cloud and infrastructure providers to run applications with maximum availability despite regular updates.
- Our expert team is available 24/7 and our company is ISO 27001 certified.
DevOps at VSHN
In the past many servers were maintained by hand. Our speciality is the automation of this process in order to relieve the software developers and at the same time to make the operation more stable and traceable. We have already designed a number of products from this.
DevOps consists of tools, processes and people for collaboration. With our many years of experience, we help our customers to define the process and implement it using standard tools. We offer these standard tools as ready-made Managed Services, including consulting, implementation and continuous improvement.
We can offer you a DevOps Workshop to analyze your current situation and application architecture and to find out if there is room for improvement.
DevOps Report 2020
Download the report of our DevOps in Switzerland study.
Contact us today
Completely location-independent and without own hardware, we operate extensive applications according to the DevOps principle agile and 24/7 on every infrastructure, so that software developers can concentrate on their business and IT operations are relieved. We would be happy to discuss your requirements and look forward to hearing from you.