Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about Europe’s greatest event in the Cloud Native world, happening this week from Monday to Friday.
1. KubeCon + CloudNativeCon targets cloud native developers of all skills and experiences. If you are new to the field, here’s a great beginner-level session for you: “First Principles of Cloud Native Technology” by Ronald Petty on Tuesday 13:00 CEST.
2. Another useful session for beginners (and not-so-beginners) to learn about Prometheus, its current state, possibilities, and future: “Prometheus – What it is, What is New, and What is Coming” on Friday 12:40 CEST.
3. Many users are puzzled to learn that unlike OpenShift or Rancher, bare-bones Kubernetes does not offer advanced user management features off-the-box. The session “What Do You Mean K8s Doesn’t Have Users? How Do I Manage User Access Then?” by Jussi Nummelin will help clarify things on Thursday 11:35 CEST.
4. One big new feature added to Kubernetes in the past year was support of Windows containers. Check out “Windows Containers in Kubernetes and a Deep Dive into Windows Networking” by presenters from Microsoft and VMware on Wednesday 13:10 CEST.
5. But KubeCon is not only about Kubernetes; there are satellite events around WebAssembly, Magma, Fluentd, and even Rust! The last one sounds particularly interesting, and we’ll be checking “Why the future of the cloud will be built on Rust” by Oliver Gould on Monday 11:15 CEST.
Which sessions are you going to attend this year? Are you presenting at one of the events? Have you prepared your popcorn yet? Get in touch with us, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive VSHN.timer every Monday in your inbox? Sign up for our weekly VSHN.timer newsletter.