Welcome to another VSHN.timer! Every Monday, 5 links related to Kubernetes, OpenShift, CI / CD, and DevOps; all stuff coming out of our own chat system, making us think, laugh, or simply work better.
This week we’re going to talk about the most important announcements made during last week’s KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020.
1. Did you know? It turns out there are 6.5 million cloud native developers worldwide, almost 2 million more than last year! That’s the main result of a survey of the CNCF. More and more developers are using cloud native technologies and Kubernetes to deploy their workloads.
2. Red Hat made several important announcements, including updates to their cloud native developer tools: Teckton OpenShift Pipelines, CodeReady Workspaces, CodeReady Studio, and the odo command-line tool for OpenShift.
3. Among many other announcements, Red Hat has also released new edge computing capabilities for OpenShift 4.5.
4. We’re very excited to learn that Red Hat and Intuit will collaborate in the Argo CD project! Argo CD is one of the key pieces of our Project Syn, and we look forward to see how together they bring Argo CD to a new level.
5. KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2020 was a massive event, where companies of all sizes have announced a myriad of new products and solutions. Check out the reviews in Forbes and Toolbox Tech for more information!
Have you watched any KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 sessions last week? Would you recommend any in particular? Get in touch with us through the form at the bottom of this page, and see you next week for another edition of VSHN.timer.
PS: would you like to receive this every Monday in your inbox? Subscribe to our new VSHN.timer newsletter!